Saturday 9 March 2013

Danio Yogurts from Danone - Bzzagent Review

I'm a BzzAgent and I've been given the opportunity to try these yogurts COMPLETELY FREE!

If you love THICK yogurts, then you are going to love these new yogurts from Danone




These yogurts are fat-free or very low fat (depending on the flavours) with a fruity layer at the bottom of the pot.  They're strained yogurt, high protein and really are 'super thick'.  

I bought some in my local Asda to give them a bash (they were on trial offer of 50p each).  The pots are a good size at 160g and they come in 6 different flavours: Strawberry, peach, passionfruit, blueberry, cherry and raspberry.



I chose the strawberry, peach and passionfruit varieties to give them a try 

I tried a strawberry one first.  I was absolutely gobsmacked at how thick and creamy this yogurt was.  And by thick I mean thick, think along the lines of cheesecake consistency.  The yogurt is pure white, and just looks so creamy.  It tastes creamy too, with just a hint of yogurty sourness to give it just the right flavour.  After a couple of spoonfuls of just the plain yogurt, I dug deep to give the strawberry layer a try.  It's just the right consistency, not too thin and not too thick. It's very fruity, not too sweet and not too sour.









The whole yogurt is changed once you mix them together.  It was the best tasting strawberry yogurt I've had in a very long time.  The whole thing still remained thick, no matter how much you beat them together, so thick that it stays on the spoon when you turn it upside down.

Rating on the Strawberry one?
Texture - fab, thick and creamy, was almost like eating a cheesecake.  Yummy (although it isn't good dropping your camera into it lol)
Taste - thick, creamy, a sharp almost sour like afterbite which is nice and refreshing and goes well with the very sweet strawberry layer
Price - a bit hefty on the pocket at 85p (rrp) or 50p on offer in Asda at the moment as I eat 2-3 yogurts a day, but they're ok for an occasional treat


I'd definately buy these ones again as a treat, they were tasty and very filling.  Only the price puts me off buying them on a regular basis.

2nd in line for testing was the Passionfruit layer one.  Now this one I'm still not sure of.  The actual yogurt part of the, erm, yogurt, is fine, exactly the same as the strawberry one, however it's the layer of fruit that I'm not so sure on.  It sure looks nice and smells nice, but have decided it's one of those flavours that requires some careful consideration of whether I like it or not haha.  I'm not actually sure whether I've tried passionfruit before so I can't say whether I liked it or not.  Personally, I think that it may be an acquired taste, but sadly, I don't think I have that lol.  I'm now wondering if I'd actually like passionfruit as a fruit as it left a funny taste.  Not sure I'd eat this one again to be honest, but the yogurt part was still yummy like the strawberry one :)

Next in line is the peach one...............watch this space x


These yogurts are available in supermarkets now.  I bought these ones at 50p each in my local Asda, however offers my vary between stores and supermarkets.

I've since tried the Peach one - very yummy, creamy and thick yogurt and the peach fruity underlayer was just right, not too sweet but enough to take the bite off the yogurt.

Raspberry one!  Wow, this one is really nice.  Really creamy too, and again, the fruity layer is just right.  I can see these flavours being a firm favourite and a regular purchase in our house, as long as the price is right. I do find 85p for a yogurt a bit steep, however, I've been able to get my hands on these for 85p buy one get one free - so really 42.5p a pot.  Really good for a nice dessert :)

This is my honest opinion on this product and the review was written as my own experience of this product.
©Cheznal x

1 comment:

  1. I have just put these on my weekly shop - what I like is that they do 0% fat ones and unlike other yoghurts they don't resort to put nasty additives in like aspartame.

    ReplyDelete