Saturday 2 March 2013

LUSH 'Stepping Stone' foot scrub! - Review


Last week I purchased some Lush foot scrub ‘Stepping Stone’ to try on my awful cracked, dry and painful feet.  I tried it when I bought it and promised to come back and let you know what I thought of it…………

Initial smell of the product is very strong.  The first scent that hits me was that of Lemongrass.  It really is quite strong, but in a nice way.  It’s quite fresh.  It also contains lemon oil and lime oil, so it’s a fresh citrus smell.

I originally tried this by breaking off the big toe of the foot and dissolving it in a dish of warm water, before soaking my feet in it (advised by the lovely lady in Lush when I purchased this).  I soaked my feet for 15 minutes in the water before starting to rub in the scrub.  I’m quite lucky to have such a nice husband who doesn’t mind massaging my feet J so was quite pleased when he offered to give me a foot rub.  My hubby tried to rub a bit in, but it just crumbled up in his hands.  He then broke a piece off, dampened it with a bit of the warm water and made a paste-like consistency with it, before massaging it into my feet. 

Once I got over the initial shock of how cold it felt, I quite enjoyed it being rubbed into the soles of my feet.  It didn’t feel like it was rough.  My husband described it as feeling like he was rubbing ‘wet sand’ into my feet. The smell was still very strong, but not too overpowering.  In fact it was quite relaxing.  Husband massaged it for 10-15 minutes in each foot, before I popped my feet back in the dish of water to rinse off the excess product and dried them. 

Result?  I didn’t think my feet looked any different, but hubby said they felt so much softer.  I also noticed that they didn’t feel as achy and sore as they normally do (I have problems with my feet which causes me to walk strangely, and causes great pain in the soles of my feet), so was pleased with that.  Whether this was due to the product itself or the fact I had a nice massage, I can’t say for sure, but if it works………..The following day my husband commented again that my feet still felt really soft and the dry skin was less visible particularly around my heels and the sides of my feet.

I’m now giving it a bash for the 2nd time in a hope that I get the same effect.  I haven’t soaked my feet in the product before rubbing it in this time.  My feet were also dry before rubbing in the product to see if I can get a different result from the product.  I’m hoping that if I keep using this product every week or so, that I may not suffer as many problems as I do with my feet – dry cracked skin, which becomes painful, eczema in the summer.  I’m also hoping that it preps my feet in time for wearing strappy sandals in the summer months J

I’ve just rinsed off the product, and hubby has dried them for me.  My feet are actually feeling really soft and apparently ‘smell nice’ according to my hubby.  He said his hands feel a lot softer too, so double whammy with this one!

Think this is definitely going on the ‘regular’ to buy list from Lush.  I got 2 scrubs so far out of my whole ‘foot’ and there’s enough for a 3rd one, so not too bad for a nice treat for your feet!

©Cheznal

No comments:

Post a Comment