Friday 22 March 2013

Getting Ready For Easter! Check out these treats x

Ahhhh Easter will soon be upon us, so time for some preparation in Cheznal's household 

I've been bargain hunting again, this time for Easter treats and got a nice little haul sorted.  Please be aware that this below post WILL NOT be Slimming World friendly, and does contain an awful lot of chocolate.  I'm making my 3 year old son and my 2 nieces an 'Easter Hamper' containing bits and pieces rather than a couple of Easter eggs, which aren't really all that for the money you pay for them, hence my mission to find hamper goodies :)


How cute are these little treasures?  Found these in Home Bargains for £2.99 :)  They contain 13 Ferrero Rochers, and although I LOVE Ferrero Rochers, I think the box they're in is absolutely fabulous! These are my easter present to myself :)


Another bargain find, these fab Easter Eggs are the 'boxless' ones, so less packaging to get rid of.  These are currently retailing at most Supermarkets for between £1-£2 each, some are selling at 2 for £3.00.
I picked these little beauties up at B&M bargains for a fantastic 69p each!!


Aww this is my little gift from my gorgeous little boy.  It's a 'Me to You' egg cup with a small chocolate egg with it.  It's sooo cute, and a bargain buy at £1.99 from B&M Bargains x


This little fella has to be my favourite purchase of today.  I don't actually want to eat him/her/it............ Ferrero Rocher bunny, a hollow bunny of hazelnut chocolate.  Bit disappointed that he doesn't have a Rocher filling though :)  Retailing at £2.99 each in supermarkets, but I got him for £1.49 in B&M's x


Another little novelty.  I have a niece who is still a baby, and this is her first easter.  I refuse to buy her a Milky Bar easter egg as they are so much smaller than a 'normal' easter egg but are selling for the same price.  I picked these little mooo cows up in Home Bargains for 50p each (Multibuy of 2 for £1)


Creme Eggs!  How blumming expensive are these little delights?  Erm, not if you're like me.  8, yes EIGHT of these for £1.00 at Home Bargains.  Only problem is keeping your hands off them! (9 syns if you're doing SW)


Awwwwwww!  I did buy 10 of these but now have 7 as my 3 year old thought they tasted nice.  Lindt bunnies 5 for £1.00 at B&M's x


Now, these were a bargain.  This is a classic example of making sure you get the most for your money.  When I first walked into Home Bargains, I picked up a packet of Mini Eggs - 100g for 49p.  Bargain I though, so grabbed a couple of packs for my son making cakes at the weekend, with the thought of making 'nests'.  Halfway round the store I picked up a bigger bag - 165g.  These were priced at £1.29 per packet, yet further round the store I picked up these ones.  A bigger bag - 360g for £1.49!  So this option works out cheapest.  I'm now kicking myself for picking up only one bag x


Oh here we go again!  Another novelty :)  This one is for my son.  Smarties chicken, which, apparently has a 'smarties egg' inside of it, and inside of the egg there are some Smarties!  How cool is that?  Picked this little hen up for £1.29 in Home Bargains x


Aww these are soo cute too.  Marshmallow bunny rabbits :)  Bargain at 99p in Aldi.  Defo one for the kiddies this Easter.  I'll be chomping on these though as I love marshmallows so will have to work out the syn value of them :)  Other than that, I may go to Lush and buy a Melting Marshmallow bath melt as a synfree treat x


Surprise eggs, only found Power Rangers and Hello Kitty in Home Bargains, each containing a surprise toy for 49p x


Aero Lambs are back!  4 for £1.00 in Home Bargains.  These are just too cute to eat though :(


Aww I have to add these to my little collection now.  How cute?  I mean, who wants to eat one of these?  Bargain at a fraction of the cost in Supermarkets, I picked these up at B&M's for a fab 99p each :)



Now, that's got the choccy out of the way, how about some fun things for Easter?  I've been buying lots of bits and bobs for the kids to play with.  Holiday fun doesn't have to be expensive:


These are great, little books filled with activities, such as make an easter bonnet and a basket, make chicks and rabbits.  It's filled with stickers and all sorts.  Bargain at 69p at Home Bargains x


Time for Easter Egg hunts!  These buckets are fab.  The blue and yellow ones in the top picture are plastic, and I bought them from Poundland priced at £1.00 each.  They're great for little hands with a plastic handle for them to carry them around.  

The bucket in the bottom picture, I bought for my youngest niece.  She's only 9 months old but it's only fair that she takes part too, isn't it?  This dinky little metal bucket was from Home Bargains, and I paid either 79p or 89p for it x

Now for the 'treasures' that we need to go with the buckets.  I've been buying little plastic eggs, which are great for hiding around the home and garden.



The unopened pack are from Asda, and have 12 in a pack.  They're about the size of a medium egg and open up for you to fill the inside with whatever goodies you wish.  They were priced at £1.00 in my local store.  The bottom picture shows little eggs from Poundland.  There is 15 in a pack, but are smaller, about creme egg sized.  Still reasonable, as they're big enough to hold a 'creme egg mini' or similar and great for hiding for my 3 year old son and 2 year old niece at Easter.  Fantastic value for money too :)

Hope you all have a fantastic Easter!  Enjoy the Bank Holiday :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment